Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I am doing a backstitch alphabet using waste canvas for a baby birth announcement. How do I do the stitch that seems to be contained within one square of the waste canvas? It does not cross other threads. FYI: your Caption Maker is wonderful. -- Jerry from Texas
- Hi Jerry, I'm glad you like our Caption Maker, thanks. I'm not really sure what you're asking but you can certainly bring your needle up at any point and then back down again to complete a backstitch, even if needs to go right in the center of a square like a quarter stitch. It doesn't necessarily need to be touching any other threads. -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Oct 12
- If the waste canvas is in the way of a partial stitch,simply carefully snip out the waste canvas in the way. You shoud be able to snip a "thread" of the waste canvas without causing any problems for the rest of your work. Hope that makes since. Not sure if this is exactly what you meant. Good luck! -- Stormy29 from Semmes -- Oct 13
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.