Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Longtime cross stitcher, but always on Aida. Attempting baby sampler for first grandchild and was talked into 28 count linen. I'm all set to start and have practiced the stitch enough, BUT here's my question. If I am stitching over two threads (which I get)...when I look at my chart to start and I need to go down 4 squares (on chart) is it down 4 squares on fabric or 8? If there is one square between design on chart, do I leave one little square or double it to 2? So confused! Thanks for the help if you even understand the question! -- Debbie Pringle from Bear, Delaware
- I think I understand what you are asking. Since you are working over two threads that would always be your standard. In other words if you are going down four "squares" on the chart your "square" would be two threads, so you would go down 8 on your fabric. The same for a blank square between... your would leave the same size "square" or 2 by 2. Hope this helps. -- mathissj comcast.net from Virginia -- Apr 01
- Here is an online tutorial, great info. Chapter 18, stitching on linen and evenweave. https://www.crosstitch.com/nfaq/nfaq2.html -- shipahoy from Mill Valley CA -- Apr 23
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.