Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Several years ago, I had seen a product in a cross-stitch magazine that I should have ordered, but didn't. It was an iron-on grid in 14 ct. which could be put on a sweatshirt for crosstitching. Another product was a wash-out fabric in 14 ct. to baste on the garment. After stitching, the garment is washed and the fabric washes out. Does anyone know where I can buy either of these products? Thanks. -- Jackie from Shelby, Michigan
- The product you are describing is called "waste cloth" or "waste canvas" I know for certain that it is available at everythingcrossstitch.com. Sign up for their newsletter and you will get a 20% discount on your first purchase. -- NANCYE from -- Oct 15
- A big THANK YOU to Nancye for her information about waste canvas. I'm on my way to JoAnn Fabrics today. -- Jackie Pearson from Shelby, Michigan -- Oct 16
- I saw on youtube a product that is like waste canvas that dissolves in hot water after you have stitched your design on the garment of your choice. I have used regular waste canvas in the past, and it is very hard to remove the threads. I think I will try this new stuff next time. -- Bev from Yorktown, Va -- Oct 16
- I think "waste canvas" has been around for a lot of years but I've noticed there's a newer product from DMC called: "DMC Water Soluble Waste Canvas". Apparently this one just dissolves so you don't have to pull all the threads with tweezers. There's a DMC YouTube video that looks quite impressive. -- Marv from Crosstitch.com -- Oct 16
- Thanks for all the help from all of you, especially Marv who gave me the actual name of the product. Bev, you might want to try this water soluble stuff, too. Sounds great! -- Jackie Pearson from Shelby, Michigan -- Oct 16
- I think I saw what you are looking for in Joann Fabrics in the cross stitch section, or try Hobby Lobby they are both online also. Good luck! -- Cindy from Tobyhanna, PA -- Oct 29
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.