Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
How do I center my work? -- Yvonne Y Ryan from CAMPO
- A couple of ways depending on the size. #1) Fold your fabric in quarters -- stick a pin in the center -- start in the middle and work outwards. Method #2) You could grid your fabric. You would baste or draw squares of 10 x 10 stitches each. Then match it to the grid lines on your pattern. Simple to do but difficult to explain here. Check U-Tube or GOOGLE for instructions. -- NANCYE from ST LOUIS -- Jun 14
- hi yvonne! take your cloth and fold in half lengthwise, open. fold the cloth again widthwise and where the two lines converge is your middle. aida cloth creases nicely when pressed down with your fingers so you can easily see middle. follow the arrows on your pattern to find its middle and then start stitching middle out, so to speak. have fun! -- Denise Stinnett from onalaska, wa. -- Jul 26
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.