Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Is it possible to convert cross stitch pattern into a canvas tapestry? Also how to calculate the quantity of the wool required when converting from the thread ? Hope there is a formula that can help, as I am finding it difficult anyone who can assist ! Also if the original pattern is in 14 count Aida, what count canvas would work? -- Sanchita from Melbourne Australia
- If the fabric has an open weave, you can convert anything. Many stitch on Linen, for this reason. Measure off a 1 inch square and count the number of "openings", in the area. 14 Count Aida, simply means there will be 14 stitches, to an inch. If your fabric has a similar weave, it will be the same size. I would always err to the side of larger than needed fabric, as accidents are not such a big deal. Excess can always be cut off, if not needed. As for the amount of wool required, it will depend on if it is divided. Most cross stitch thread, is divided out, and uses 2 strands for most stitches. A bit complicated, to convert, but it can be done. Are you more confused, now? :) Good Luck -- Lisa from Douglaslville -- Jul 16
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.