Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I am looking to get some cross-stitching supplies for my Wife for Christmas and have no idea what to get. She is a beginner and I'm unsure what essentials are needed. Thread, colored thread, magnifer, light. She makes 5x7 framed pieces. Can someone give me some ideas? Thanks! -- Greg from U.S.
- Does she like any particular theme? 14 count Aida is good for a beginner. Some charts come in kits with the floss included. Otherwise, you'd have to purchase the chart as well as the floss. Look here for the favorite themes, go though the charts/kits and look for the finished size you want. -- Pauline from Barnegat from -- Dec 17
- Get her an OTT light to use when working. It's a blessing and well worth the money. It makes working less tedious and she'll love it. Good luck and Merry Christmas -- Doreen Lund from Brampton, Ont. Canada -- Dec 18
- Thank you for the tips. I ended up getting a kit and an OTT light for her. I hope you both have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. -- Greg from U.S. -- Dec 21
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.