Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I asked before about a magnetic board to hold cross stitch patterns. I was trying to find one that was bigger than the 8 x 10 inch Loran board. I thought I found one, it was 12 x 18 but it wasn't what I wanted. I had to return it. I was thinking about a magnetic dry erase board. I've seen them 8-1/2 x 11 (the size of a piece of paper) but not sure how they would hold up on the folding stand. Do you think this would be too heavy for the stand? Any other thoughts on what else I could use? -- Linda Delcamp from Brighton, MI
- When I was looking for a larger magnetic board I went to the hardware store and had them cut a piece of flashing in the size I needed. They also folded over the edges so that it wasn't sharp. This has worked great and have used it for years. -- mirwin hcinet.net from -- Jul 24
- Hi Linda. I have a few larger magnetic boards. The first is made by DMC and only available in the U.K. It is 11" x15" and I purchased it at sewandso.co.uk. It was a little expensive but worth it for larger patterns. Also, Knitter's Pride makes one. The larger size is 10" x 12". It is portfolio style and has a pocket on one side for chart storage. I also have the smaller version. I would recommend both. Hope this helps. Annette -- Annette from Barbados -- Aug 17
- I found the perfect stand at Office Depot. It is made by Fellowes. It is also available at amazon.com for $25. Worth every penny! https://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Kopy-Aid-Letter-Copyholder-11053/dp/B00006IC46/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523041834&sr=8-2&keywords=Fellowes+copy+holder -- Juliana from Guatemala -- Apr 06
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.