Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I had to take out and start over on a project (miscounted majorly on first attempt). It's on aida cloth and in the process of taking out stitches, I accidentally cut two strands on the weave in the aida cloth. The square is still intact, but is there anyway to ensure it does not unravel, or do I have any choices besides completely starting over? The aida cloth is a specific color and I'm having trouble finding something comparable. -- Maggie from Anchorage, AK
- Fray Check will keep it from unraveling. just a small dot, on a scrap of paper, use a toothpick, to apply, let dry and stitch over...should be fine. If you are really worried about it being problem. iron a small piece of interfacing on the back of the piece -- Lisa from United States -- Aug 17
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.