Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have returned from buying the DMC Water Soluble Waste Canvas and need to comment on it. The YouTube tutorial looks very easy, but it takes quite a bit of fussing with the pins to get the canvas on straight. Then the basting moved the canvas again and puckered the sweatshirt fabric. There must be a better way! Please Marv, try to find that iron-grid I've mentioned. I've looked everywhere with no luck. Maybe you could design it and solve our problems. -- Jackie Pearson from Shelby, Michigan
- Once upon a time, you could use a standard copier, and make an iron on transfer. Don't know if it still works, but it might be worth a try. Find a pattern, that has a large amount of blank squares (in a corner), and copy it, using black....turn it upside down, on the fabric, and run a medium set iron across. Then use it like stamped cross stitch, and fill the squares. -- Lisa from Douglaslville. GA -- Oct 25
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.