Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me, and this is the correct place to post. I'm looking to possibly hire someone to do a couple of embroidery kits from the 1980s. I need both of these kits duplicated 4 times (so long as I can find enough of the kits to do that) and I'm hoping to have them done by Christmas. I have reached out to local embroidery shops but I guess people dont do hand embroidery anymore. If anyone has any interest in giving me a quote on possibly doing these kits, I would appreciate it. The kits are an angel tree topper from Columbia minerva #7275 and the other is a nativity set from Daydreams by dick Martin #822. Thanks in advance! -- Hilarie L from Waterford, CT
- 4 pieces to be completed by Christmas? Definitely not enough time! Embroidery - do you mean counted cross stitch? -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Nov 19
- Just another thought - once you have one kit, why do you need others of the same? You have the instructions, thread list, etc. - just purchase those and not the entire kit again. -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Nov 19
- I think it's just embroidery. I dont really know the difference, lol. I like the suggestion of not buying more kits. But it has the pattern on the fabric of the angel and the characters in the nativity set. -- Hilarie Leone from waterford, ct -- Nov 19
- I researched the nativity kit. Yes, if it does have the pattern printed on the fabric, I would think you'd need the kit. -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Nov 19
- Honestly, I don't think anyone could do and have finished 4 of these in a month. -- Ludy from -- Nov 20
- I would love to help immediately. 15 years experience. Shoot me a email and we can get started. Thanks -- Melissa from Fredericksburg,Va -- Dec 02
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.