Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Grizzley Salmon Fishing pattern - It looks like this bear is a brown bear named Otis at Katmai Falls in Alaska. Can any one confirm this? I believe the pattern was prepared by Moodboard - Corbis. Thanks. -- Margo Hauser from Victoria, BC
- Hi Margo, I think that would be a grizzly (not brown bear), but I'm looking into the image source. By the way, I love Victoria, BC -- Marv from Crosstitch.com -- May 19
- Ok, yes, these grizzlies are at Katmai National Park Alaska, and are actually called Brown Bears, and not the same species as our smaller brown or black bear. I can't find any name associated with the original photo so I can't say if it's Otis. -- Marv from Crosstitch.com -- May 20
- Thank you Marv. That's what I thought. I knew they were larger than regular Brown Bears so that explaination makes perfect sense. I have been following these bears for several years. They are so recognizable. Check out www.explore.org -- Margo Hauser from Victoria, BC, Canada -- May 20
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.