Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Hello, I am posting in hopes of finding someone who might help me update an existing cross stitch. It is a framed baby-themed cross stitch that was made by the grandmother of someone who just had a new baby. I was hoping to update the cross stitch by either taking parts of it to make a new smaller framed item, or removing the baby name and birthdate on it now, and adding the new baby's name. The original maker of the cross stitch passed away, and I think this would be a very sentimental gift to the new Mom. I have no skills at this so am hoping to mail it to someone that I can pay to do the work. Thanks! -- Kim Kantola from Cape Neddick, Maine
- This would be very labor intensive. To remove it from the frame, whethe or not is mounted on something, removing old stitching without ruining the fabric, I doubt you'll find anyone and if you do, it'll cost I'm guessing a TON of money. I wouldn't ruin an original piece by doing all this. Not sentimental. Just stitch a new piece. -- Lucy from CA -- Feb 24
- I would be interested in helping you do this. IF you just want the names removed and new ones added that isn't too terrible. Taking parts out and putting in a smaller frame becomes more problematic. I can't give you an estimate until I see it. Send pics to my email if interested. -- twila fickel from UTICA NE USA -- Mar 13
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.