Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Hi! I'm about to embark on a huge project. It's the Supersized Four Seasons Max Colors. Finished project is about 40 inches square on 25 count linen, over one. There are 234 colors. My questions are: have you used the DMC Stitch Bow system and do you like it and, where do you think I can most easily and cheaply get, I'm guessing, 400 or so skeins of DMC floss? Any help is welcome! Thanks, Bill -- William Reese from CT, USA
- I hate the Stitch Bow System. I got all excited and invested about $75 in the bows and sheets. I used my own binder. The bows were a little difficult to get in and out of the plastic sleeves. Couldn't figure out what to do with the excess floss once I cut a piece off and only used one strand. Sleeves did not lay flat once you started filling them out. -- NANCYE from -- Jan 21
- PART 2: You can purchase cones of DMC floss -- 450 yards for $20.00 at ebay or Joann.com (and others). You can get a 40% off entire purchase by downloading their app. -- NANCYE from -- Jan 21
- PART 3 -- What I would suggest. You probably already have some of the floss. Buy the floss cones for the colors you need a lot off. Buy floss bags (off-brand baggies from the dollar store would work; one bag for each color. get a couple of photo boxes; Use a 3 x 5 card to mark indicate the floss number and keep the floss in numerical order. GOOD LUCK! -- NANCYE from -- Jan 21
- I haven't seen DMC on sale here at AC Moore or Michael's for a long time. You can find coupons for Joannes for 20% off. I've heard that Walmart sometimes has DMC for 10cents a skein but I think they are close outs. Be careful if you go to thrift stores because a lot of what's donated is old. Sometimes you can get deals on Amazon or Ebay. -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Jan 20
- Stitches N Stuff in Longview, TX sells theirs for .49 skein. In Jan. and June EVERYTHING in the store is 20% off. -- Sharon from Longview, TX -- Feb 07
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.