Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have seen a stamped cross stitch kit that I like and would like to convert it to counted cross stitch. How do you do that? -- Deborah Burnett from Florida
- Hi Deborah, that's very difficult but not impossible. You could graph it by hand (like the 'reverse' of cross-stitching :). Software (like PatternMaker) can make it a bit easier but you're still placing each 'stitch' on the graph. If you use software to convert the picture you can get something that looks like it, but not really close to an actual pattern of the original design (and probably not very good). -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Jul 21
- Hi there I believe there is always a pattern accompany the stamp kit. You can graph it or you can copy what in there on Aida cloth. Have fun -- Esther from Providence -- Jul 21
- I've never seen a pattern with a stamped kit (besides the threads), but if there was that would be ideal. -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Jul 21
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.