Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I'm somewhat of a newbie and need help re-sizing the pattern American Gold Finch which I purchased on this site. a A couple questions: 1) How do you calculate a pattern you have which is 9"x10" on 14 count and you want the finished size to be about 7"x8"? 2) how do you figure if a pattern is too intricate to be downsized, maybe because you lose the details? It is a Gold Finch bird with numerous gradient colors in the wings and body. Sorry, if I am not clear in my questions, not sure how to phrase what I don't know. Thanks for any advice. Tess -- Tess from Belgrade, ME
- Hi Tess, there's no way for you to re-size a pattern. You can stitch it on 18ct fabric to make it 7x8" but you're not changing anything, you're just stitching smaller stitches to make a smaller finished size. Only the designer could possibly redesign the pattern at a smaller size and make a new pattern, and then yes, it might lose some detail. -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Jan 23
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.