Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I am new to cross stitching. I Would like to ask if it is necessary to soak the floss before starting my project. I did not soak my first project but my second one that I am about to start states to soak the dark colors before starting. Is DMC a better quality floss that does not need soaking? -- Jennifer from London England
- I've been stitching over 40 years and NEVER soak my floss, even if something says to. DMC is excellent and does not require soaking. -- Lucy from USA -- May 25
- Who on earth told you that crap. No absolutely not do not soak the starch off for heavens sake! -- Melinda from United States of America -- Jun 03
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.