Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I am trying to create a name pattern using the generator that would be 3in (height) x 10in (width) on a fabric that is 11 boxes per inch using Font #4. Every time, I input those parameters, the pattern output still gives me 19 boxes (height) to work with. And counting 19 boxes on the fabric DOES NOT give me the 3 inches height that I want. So I am actually not sure if my parameters are correct? I am a newbie, and I am not sure if my calculations are right? I just want my overall output to be 3 inches x 10 inches on the fabric. -- Aizel from Indiana
- Hi Aizel, when you enter 10" width, it makes the page 10" (110 squares) and tries to fit your text within it. If your words are smaller than that there is no way to 'stretch' it, but generally you would select 'center' to center your text inside the 10". The same would apply to the height, you would add 7 blank squares above and below your text to center in the 3".
To make the words themselves bigger you would need to specify a different font with a larger 'pt' size. The 'pt' is roughly the height of the letters in number of squares. -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Jul 24
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.