Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I don't quite understand how this works. I have done cross stitch with the picture printed on the fabric. How do I get it onto the fabric from the printed pattern? -- Tina from Washington
- You take the graph (the chart) and by counting the squares, you transfer to the fabric with your stitching. Look up how to do counted cross stitch and you'll probably find a video. -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Sep 27
- Well, do you understand? -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Sep 30
- Tina, The chart should have come with instructions regarding finding center of fabric, which includes a color key that shows the symbols to each floss color. Example, if you see the symbol & on the chart, look at the floss color key and find the & symbol and it will tell you the floss color DMC 938. So you stitch floss color 938 on each & symbol. You can find tutorials on learning Counted cross Stitch on You-Tube or if you go to the scarlet quince.com website, they have great tutorials for beginners. :) -- Kate from Ohio -- Oct 01
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.