Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Just starting out, how do I determine how many skeins to buy for a project? I know you're supposed to purchase them all at once so you don't mix lots but I don't want to buy more than needed. Any rule of thumb? -- Sonja from Dodge City, KS
- it all depends on the project - many tell you how much you need but if the project is large you can look at the symbol key and see which is the most prevelant in the pattern and at least buy 2 of each - if you buy the floss on sale the investment is not a large one -- laura from lancaster pa -- Oct 27
- Hi there I always buy 2 from each colors. If I run out I can buy more. Have fun -- Esther from -- Oct 29
- Most patterns indicate if multiple skeins of floss are needed. Sometimes the number of stitches per color are listed. I THINK that with DMC 1200 stitches per skein is a good guestimate. You shouldn't have to worry about dye lots if you are starting with all new flosses. I have some floss that is old that I have mixed with new flosses and have seldom have a problem. When I say old I mean pre-bar code days. -- NANCYE from -- Oct 31
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.