Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I m embroidering LOTS of kitchen towels, bibs, burp rags , pillow cases etc.....how do I protect the thread from unraveling in the wash if I chose not to knot my thread but rather run the ends thru other stitches. I prefer no knots but worry about unraveling. Thanks in advance! -- Peggy from Clovis, California
- On my smaller pieces, I use iron on interfacing. You can use heat and bond to secure a piece of fabric to the back of your stitched piece. -- Pauline from Barnegat from -- Oct 30
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.