Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I'm starting a new cross stitch project and was wondering what is the best way to prepare the fabric for stitching? Also, I like to work with a scroll frame and wonder what is the best one that any of you use? I'm using a Homecrafter's scroll frame but don't quite know how to put the fabric in the split of the dowels. Does anyone know how to do this? -- Linda Delcamp from Brighton, MI
- I usually sew around the edges to make sure it doesn't fray. I fold in in quarters to get the center. Now I count to the top and start I know a lot of people start in the center. I hope that helps. Good luck -- paula from georgia -- May 04
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.