Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have an old pattern calling for DMC thread #862 trouble is, it appears to have been discontinued. How do I find out what color it was in order to find a proper substitute?? Help would be appreciated -- Peggy from Clovis, California USA
- I'm pretty sure there has never been a DMC #862. Maybe it was a mis-print? -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com -- Apr 04
- I have two old pattern books (1970's) both calling for number 862, I don't believe they're both misprints, it's possible, but kinda think it was discontinued. I'd just like a way to find out what color it was so that I can find something comparable. -- Peggy from Clovis, CA 93611 -- Apr 04
- Is it possible it is anchor 862? What is the design the colour is used for, like in a leaf, animal etc. -- carol from toronto -- Apr 06
- Could it be DMC 3862 (Dark Mocha Beige) Maybe the number was misprinted? -- JL from PA -- Apr 08
- Thank you ladies, and I apologize!! I've been diving myself, and maybe you lol, crazy for no reason. Went back to the pattern....I transposed the numbers!! It's 826 and I had it all along. Sorry. -- Peggy from Clovis, CA. -- Apr 09
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.