Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
New to cross stitch and have a few questions. I am using 14 count Aida, what size needle should I use? I am using size 24 but have a hard time running the needle under my stiches when I end my color. Is there such a thing as tension in cross stitch? Also which is better, leaving a tail to start or loop method? Lastly how far can I carry my floss across the back, lots of lone stitches. Appreciate the help. -- Wilma from Oklahoma
- Hi Wilma, click on 'tools'-'cross-stitch tutorial' on our menu bar and you should find answers to those questions (and more) -- Marv Schier from crosstitch.com -- Feb 06
- Thank you so much Marv. What a wealth of information. -- Wilma from Oklahoma -- Feb 07
- Hi WILMA, I usually go under a minimum of 5-8 completed stitches when finishing off my stitching so when your finished project is being framed the stretching of the fabric will prevent the floss tails from popping out from under the stitches. As for the situation of traveling your floss across a fabric where there aren t any stitches - doing that will cause that floss to be seen through the front side of the fabric. I suggest you go to crossstitch.com front page and look under tutorials for learning the pin stitch. It is a wonderful technique to use on single stitches or a few stitches that are a distance from the main body of stitching that will prevent having the floss showing through. Hope this helps! -- Kate from SC -- Feb 07
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.