Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I just want to clear up some questions posted here about copyright: Copying a pattern to give to someone else is illegal. It takes money out of the pockets of the talented, hard working designers who are just trying to make a living. Out-of-print patterns that can no longer be purchased may be a gray area, but educational use is for use in a school classroom ONLY (not your craft group). Actually, educational use only allows copying small parts of a book, etc. Copying anything in it's entirety is still illegal! (otherwise schools would buy 1 textbook and just make copies). Please do the honest thing and support our cross-stitch designers by buying their patterns and honoring the law. Thanks! -- Marv Schier from Crosstitch.com
- THANK YOU!! I've been singing this song for over 10 years. -- Bonnie from -- Jul 11
- Stoney Creek prints a disclaimer in their magazine that charts cannot be torn out of their magazines and sold..... -- Pauline from Barnegat NJ -- Aug 10
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.