Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have a ton of patterns, needles, frames and floss that belonged to my sister who passed away and am hoping to donate it. Does anyone know an organization that will accept these items? I am happy to ship wherever, I just hate the thought of throwing these items out. -- Toni Woods from Gardena, CA
- I would love to have any floss, needles and aida or other fabric you have. I teach young girls the art of cross stitch and am always in need of supplies. -- Laura Ruck from lancaster, pa -- Jul 06
- How about contacting local family/womens' shelters? or Girl Scouts? -- Joannie from TN -- Jul 07
- I too can use needles and floss and patterns as I do pillowcases and baby quilts and always needing some.Be glad to pay postage -- debbie from ky -- Jul 11
- Have you found a home for your supplies? I do a lot of cross stitch squares for the WORLD OF CROSS STITCHERS. The squares are made into quilts, pillows, tote bags, etc. I also would love fabrics and flosses. If you go to cyberstitchers.com they have a list of charities that would probably like to have your donation -- NANCYE from St. Louis, MO -- Jul 11
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.