Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have several boxes of counted cross stitch patterns from my mom from years ago. Is there some place I can donate these? -- Krysi from Indianapolis, Indiana
- Hi Krysi If you are looking for a local charity in your area you can contact the Girl Scouts or a senior center. Sometimes re-hab centers will take them but usually they get more donations than they can handle. Contact one of the independent cross stitch shops in Indy. They may know of a local organization that would really like them. Someone recently gave me several hundred patterns that she was going to put in the trash. If you are willing to pay postage check cyberstitchers.com. They have a list of charities that would appreciate the donation. Someone gave me several hundred patterns last year. I mailed a bunch of patterns to two of those charities. There is always Goodwill and Purple Heart. Any chance that some of those patterns have Jewish themes? I'll be driving thru Indianapolis. in August I can stop and pick them up or send you money for postage -- NANCYE G from ST LOUIS MO -- Jun 07
- I would be glad to send postage for some if you can let me know what you have -- debbie from ky -- Jun 11
- Krysi, I have been hunting for an old cross stitch pattern that spells out INDIANAPOLIS, with scenes from the city mixed around the lettering. I'll be happy to pay for it, if it's in your patterns! Please let me know. Thanks -- Peggy from Round Rock, TX -- Jun 21
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.