Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
I have a stack of cross stitch patterns and pattern books that is about 2 feet high. I want to find a place to donate them. I am looking for some place that will give them away to people who could not afford to buy patterns or have lost what they had, in a fire as an example. I am having a very hard time finding anything like that. If I am going to get rid of them, I want them to be given to people who will enjoy them. Is there any place or organization that gives craft or cross stitch supplies to people? -- Jean from Sonoma
- I take patterns and donated supplies around to the nursing homes and to any D.A.V groups that know of VA hospitals looking for crafts and bits. -- Jodi Anderson from Trail Creek. IN 46360 -- Nov 25
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.