Crosstitch.com -- Back to Message Board - Reply to Message
Hi all! I love the stitching process & watching the picture take shape, but I have to admit that I very rarely have had pieces framed. Are there others like me? What do you do with the finished pieces? Will people buy a piece to have framed? Give them away? Your thoughts, please? -- JanB from Alabama
- All my works get framed by me in frames that are either antique or vintage that I picked up for nothing or for a few dollars. I can not bear to part with my works of art that took over a year to finish. All get framed under glass and grace my walls as my own private art gallery! -- Laura from Lancaster, PA -- Dec 09
- Thank you for your reply Laura!! -- JanB from Alabama -- Dec 09
- I have about 5 or 6 finished pieces that need to be framed. That is one of my goals in the New Year - to stitch AND frame! I have the frames! -- Pauline from Barnegat, NJ -- Dec 10
- I stitch for my pleasure mostly and they go in the back of the cupboard when done. Some get framed and given as gifts, some given away for others to frame, some actually get sold! If I framed all of them from over the years I would be running out of wall space by now! Do what feels right for you! -- Maria from United Kingdom -- Dec 11
- Thank you, Pauline and Maria, for your replies!! -- JanB from -- Dec 13
- I also have 2 pix to do (frame) but after Xmas will do -- elaine a cripe from Utica n.y. -- Dec 16
Post a Reply:
- All fields must be filled in for your reply to be posted. Please press 'Submit' only once to avoid multiple postings.
Use your browser's 'Refresh' button if you don't see your message.
- Content that is not allowed:
- No commercial advertising.
- Asking for or offering illegal copies of patterns (see 'About Copyrights' below)
- Posting links to sites that offer illegally copied patterns.
- Objectional content, bad manners, ect.
- Unrelated content, spam.
About Copyrights:Copyright patterns may not be copied and given to someone else. It's against the law and it's dishonest. On the Internet, one copy can quickly turn into one million which basically takes away the need for people to buy the patterns, which puts the designers out of business. You can give away, trade, or sell the original leaflet though.
In the case of Crosstitch.com patterns, which are by subscription, all patterns are for the members personal use only and may not be given away or re-distibuted in any manner.